Friday, January 06, 2006

Matchmaking Realtors

"Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match." As a Realtor, I have had my share of clients setting me up on dates - usually unexpectedly. Occaisionally with good results.
At a dinner celebrating a recent closing, a client brought a girlfriend from the office (it was their regular girls' night anyway) who liked to cook and happened to play tennis. Oh, really, perhaps we should hit sometime.


The brother of a noted Dallas broker met his wife through a real estate transaction; my neighbor, Liz, who owns Starfish Creations, told me her sister in Austin married her Realtor! Hmm...

Often it seems to work the other way around. A good Realtor can hook you up with the perfect architect, mortgage broker or handyman. Why not Mr. or Ms. Right? Here is an interesting take on the Realtor as matchmaker dynamic:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/01/realestate/01cov.html.



No comments: